Wednesday, May 2, 2012

On the 6

I zipped myself into a size 6 skirt yesterday.  One of the vendors at our Tuesday farmer's market asked me what my secret is.  I have no secrets.  I have a baby.  I eat plenty of whole grain cereal (Cheerios, Life, oats sometimes), rice (primarily white), vegetables, fruits, protein (eggs, canned fish, cheese, split peas), dairy and oils.  I drink caffeinated tea and eat chocolate when I can get it.  I allow myself chocolate dipped ice cream cones at Foster's Freeze.  I also drink water and walk for long periods of time.

Yesterday I bought beets with greens still attached for one dollar.  The beets were the equivalent of three servings.  I tossed them in olive oil, balsalmic vinegar and course sea salt and roasted them in the oven.  I pan fried a New York steak in butter, sea salt, black pepper and Cajun spice blend, removed the steak from the pan and then sauteed the beet greens in the fat from the meat.  I made a pot of white rice, poured purple grape juice into a stemless wine glass and had an excellent dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment