Saturday, May 3, 2014

We have CSA!

Belle and I made our usual food run on Thursday.  We got oranges, pears, bananas, celery, potatoes, an artichoke, mozzarella cheese, a pound of ready made chicken, cane sugar, jasmine rice, high quality dried oregano, plenty of fresh bread, chocolate cupcakes, oatmeal cookies and a flourless chocolate cake.

We received our first CSA box yesterday.  We ate the strawberries for breakfast and put the rest away.  We got berries, an avocado, two apples, two oranges, two rhubarb ribs, carrots, broccoli, radishes, potatoes, lettuce, bok choy...  We did not get celery, garlic or onions.  Those items might come in a box meant for double our family size.  I might look into it if I like the quality of the produce we already have.

We will make our first Saturday run in the morning.  I am looking forward to adding to the pantry some bow tie pasta.  Belle might like that shape and texture for dinner.  She seems to enjoy pasta.  I made pasta with white sauce twice this week.  I also made mac and cheese from an organic boxed mix.  I used clarified butter and kefir cheese instead of milk.  We really liked that!



No comments:

Post a Comment