Saturday, April 21, 2012

Just a blip

I reacted to my pregnancy by not registering it. I ended my relationship with Belle's father as soon as I conceived. I ate as organically as possible, with ingredients found at Alameda farmer's and other local markets. I expanded my palette to include more beer, fiery peppers (and hot sauce!), garlic, ginger, mustard, onions and vinegar. I kept physically and socially active. I traded in all the gold, platinum and silver jewelry my grandmother hoarded for cash. I re-organised my grandfather's collection of jazz records and listened to them in alphabetical order. I got two tattoos. I had a brief but passionate affair with someone who ultimately inspired me to return to Catholic church. Now I am a proud mother with a healthier lifestyle and an active role in our local community. Pregnacy horomones impact different women in different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment