Sunday, December 15, 2013

Doing the best...

I wish whomever takes issue with me for missing Sunday mass would offer me the help I might need as a single mom trying to balance motherhood and scheduled public worship.  I had planned to attend Saturday evening mass prior to the Christmas party until yesterday's errand ran into Belle's nap.  I knew better than to cut Belle's nap short or make her miserable just so I could attend mass and please someone who doesn't matter.  I also opted out of today's mass, preferring to have breakfast and play after such a late night out at the party.  I had to do what I felt realistic for our needs.  Besides, whomever wants me to make the sacrifice isn't present for what the lack of comfort, food or sleep means for my family whenever we cut ourselves short to accommodate something.

No comments:

Post a Comment