Sunday, February 23, 2014

Done

Dinner guest and I are through.  We had a marvelous Valentine's Day and a glorious morning after.  While we kept in touch in the week that followed, I noticed we didn't see each other.  This was a jerky move after all the fuss that went into our romantic Valentine's evening.  Last night I finally got my confirmation that we are done.  He says he can't reciprocate my feelings.  He says his biker friends wouldn't understand (Why?  I am older than he is?  Black?  A mom?  Would they accept me wearing lululemon and riding a bicycle with a yoga mat tucked under my arm?  Would he?).  He says we wouldn't last.

I fell hard for a man with Asperger's.  I accepted my friend with Asperger's.  I stopped seeing his quirks after a while and accepted him completely.  Then we became lovers.  I don't want to just be friends again.  I don't want things to go back as they were before.  I don't want him to be sorry.  I want to keep growing as we were.  I liked our dynamic.  I liked loving him.  Now all I have from him are a few rolls of toilet paper from a jumbo pack he brought back from a Costco trip.  I will think of him fondly when I wipe my ass.

Can I get a Costco membership?

No comments:

Post a Comment