Saturday, June 15, 2013

Stress

It is very difficult to change a diaper with a toddler clinging tightly to you.    Belle wouldn't rest on any surface.  I eventually secured her diaper with Belle standing on my thighs and facing away from me.  Belle exhibited signs of stress immediately, which made checking her height and weight nearly impossible.  We had to subtract my weight from my weight holding Belle to estimate Belle's current weight.  Belle wouldn't straighten her legs for a height measurement and her height was measured an inch or so higher than actual.  Many tears were shed and feelings were hurt.  Belle mellowed out later on once she grew acclimated to her environment and played with other kids.  Note to self:  Arrive early enough for pediatrician appointments for Belle to relax and play first.  She won't be so stressed out otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment