Friday, March 14, 2014

Happiness comes from within.

Years ago I found myself with an income property, lots of money in the bank and nary a mentor or guide to help steer me in any direction.  I did as well as I could do for myself under the circumstances.  I immersed myself in hobbies and travel.  I hoarded books, clothes and cookware that I am finally using now.  I lived for the moment.  While I wish I could have planned ahead for this moment, there was really no guarantee I would be here anyway.  I am not sure what I could have done differently.  I do wish some folks would have made themselves available when I found myself without living siblings, parents and grandparents at twenty-two.  Maybe I wouldn't have sought happiness outside myself had I known I had people.

No comments:

Post a Comment