Saturday, April 20, 2013

FAIL

Belle and I were disappointed today when poor communication ruined plans to attend a child's birthday party.  I should have known something was awry when the party disappeared from Facebook Events.  I'd seen the mother of the child in person earlier in the week and didn't anticipate a problem.  Unfortunately, the mother had given me the wrong address and was still in transit to the party when I called.  I killed some time by joining a big Earth Day party in the park before attempting to find the party one last time.  I eventually gave up and went home, shocked that I had lingered in the park for three hours with a toddler in a stroller.  The mother texted me an apology, saying they had plenty of food and were seated up high in the one part of the park where I hadn't looked.  I had already deleted and blocked her from Facebook by then because she'd been such a time suck.  We weren't really friends anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment