Wednesday, April 30, 2014

CHt

I trained to become a hypnotherapist in 2006.  I learned of the death of someone I loved very much on the morning before the marketing class.  I completed the course and earned the certification without ever making up the missed class.  I took a few weeks off, turned thirty and enrolled in a holistic health practitioner distance learning program.  At the time I wanted both CHt and HHP behind my name.  I studied steadily without any emotional, moral or spiritual support.  In fact, the older woman who rented my downstairs flat dismissed my education as some fluffy rich kid's bullshit.

I had no support as a hypnotherapist and very little sympathy for having lost a long term love.  I had already mentally committed myself to moving house a couple years prior when the love moved away.  Getting an unsolicited offer on my property came as no surprise.  I left L.A. for Alameda and took a little time off.  I threw myself into community management, events planning and public relations.  I excelled at dining and drinking out, hosting parties and socializing.  Then I succumbed to it.  I noticed myself not making real friends.  My love affairs fell flat and my connection to family living nearby weakened.  I found myself all alone with a baby in a hospital with only a couple drinking buddies to call on.

My life changed when I made the proactive choice to explore hypnotherapy and life coaching as a career track in 2006.  My career plans changed the moment that phone rang on the morning before the marketing class shortly after.  Death had eclipsed my progress once again.  I had just learned how to make phone calls at age five when my father murdered my mother and killed himself.  I had my first experience with hypnotherapy during grief counseling at age seven.  I took my training right before I turned thirty and then I lost a love just as I had lost my own father.  I moved house less than a year later and became someone else.  I adopted a destructive, non-sustainable lifestyle as a means to escape every personal loss I had ever experienced.  Camille Kea, CHt  has never had her moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment